For those who don't know, Scottsdale has world class spas and is one of the top destinations in the US for spa resorts. Most of us know that... but as many of my friends have come to visit from out of state, their experience is truly one of a kind. I realize that I am spoiled now because the thought of going in for a facial or massage and not having the rest of the day for sauna, pool, whirlpool, cafe and a few hours of reading and relaxing is not an option for me anymore.
Today marked the beginning of spa week. A brilliant idea for those of us who LOVE spas! True spa resorts! The idea is that spas can offer treatments at $50 (versus $120, $150...) and consumers can try many different spas. Love it! Each year, more spas sign on to participate. This year, many of the top resorts signed on including the Boulders, Joya Spa, and others... I checked out the Joya Spa at the Montelucia resort in Paradise Valley. It was a beautiful spa with full amenities and amazing views, set-up and treatments. (Montelucia is where Obama stays when he visits AZ - just FYI.) Anyways... I had a massage - which was great... My only issue was that they shut down their cafe at 4pm so that was very inconvenient. Besides that, it was very relaxing and I recommend Joya to anyone.
Hands down - of all the resort spas I have visited in my lifetime - which amazingly has been quite a few worldwide for my age and experience... but Camelback Inn in AZ is the very best. They don't participate in Spa Week which is a shame - but they are always ranked in top 10-15 spas in the world. When I really need a getaway and relaxation, I splurge and go to the Camelback Inn. I WISH they did Spa Week!
Enchantment is also top rated in the world - in Sedona - which I celebrated my 30th bday with my mother in law! It is so incredibly gorgeous and very... eastern/new age relaxation. Very different but very personalized. For my massage, they had me choose from about 20 cards the way I was feeling. From that, they put together a massage oil that was perfect for me. Fun!!
As my time comes to an end in Arizona, I realize that I will truly miss the amazing spa resorts and paradise relaxation opportunities that AZ offers! They are truly one of a kind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(80)
-
▼
April
(9)
- Dining Out for Life - Dine Out. Fight AIDS. April...
- Tanner Tuesday Trivia and Tidbit
- Baby Nursery Ideas... Love Serena & Lily
- My soap box... about immigration issues in Arizona.
- The Bump and The Feeling...
- Tidbit Tuesday! Hey Mr. Scallop... did you sea that?
- Survival tips for navigating Babies R Us!
- Spoiled by Scottsdale Spas - one of a kind! How d...
- Milk, Cookies and Blogging
-
▼
April
(9)

No comments:
Post a Comment