If there is a southern love story in my generation to be acknowledged, Sweet Home Alabama should be at the top - if not #2. I seriously watch that movie (or at least have it playing) 3 -4 times a week - for 2 years running! I am not joking. Reese Witherspoon is so precious and fiesty and complicated in this movie. I think the reason so me and so many of my friends love this movie (and our mom's) must be because we see a bit of ourselves in 'Melanie.' We are all a bit complicated, sassy, fiesty, southern and well-meaning yet accidentally screw things up from time to time trying to be someone we are not. Maybe not to the extreme she does but to a lesser extent. What I adore about this movie is that she is surrounded by and chooses to surround herself (again - finally after trying to ignore her hometown peeps) with people who love her for all her complicated-ness and crazy mistakes. Anyways... I just love this movie and cannot get enough of it. And we are all thankful for the famous line in this movie, "You have a baby... in a bar." My sarcastic response vocabulary is now complete...

No comments:
Post a Comment