Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Tale of Blanquita - Part 2

Sorry for the delay for Part 2. Let's just say that Part 2 became so frustrating that I had to give it a week or so before writing. Breathe in, breathe out. All is good now...

So, part 2 begins when we take Blancs back to Diesel Toyz and leave her to be fixed. Each day she is supposed to be ready and each day she is not... So, after 4 more days with no car, she is finally "ready." We load up in french fry and poof over to DToyz. Once we arrive, the DToyz dudes are no where to be found - place locked. Lovely. After Ben calls and they finally decide to arrive, Ben tells me that Blancs is fixed but won't start... I was confused by this statement. To me, fixed is completely working?? Right? Well, they had to rig the car to start again and off we go to none other than WALLY world. (Apparently the battery is now bad and we need to exchange it for a new one.)

So, with me and Luke in Blancs and Ben in French Fry, we go to good ole Walmart. yay... But, the "best" part is when we arrive and park, Ben pops Blanc's hood, takes out his tools, removes the battery (while she is running) and goes inside Walmart to do business. So, just picture this scene... I am in the car, doors locked sunk down in the seat, Luke is in the back fighting to get to sleep, the car is running with the hood popped and there is a hole where the battery goes... in the Walmart parking lot. Too bad I didn't snap a shot of that... :/

About 20 minutes later, Ben comes back only to say... the battery works!!! What?!? You can imagine the fumes coming from Ben's ears at DToyz for this... Ben just closes the hood and off I drive SANS battery - back to DToyz. When we get there, I am fuming at loserville DToyz for a crappy job and making us do this annoying round robin for over a week and wasting our time! So, back in french fry and home we go with Helen STILL carless, Ben frustrated, and Luke finally asleep (thank the Lord.) One thing is for certain, we will not be returning to the lovely DToyz after this debacle is over.

Don't worry - there is a very happy ending. Part 3 comes tomorrow - I promise.

No comments: