Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tanner Car Update - Sadie the Cedes...




So, if you are a reader of my blog, you are definitely aware of the car sagas we have in the Tanner household. Recently, things have been relatively calm in that department... or maybe I just adapted... Not sure but whatever - things have become interesting again.

The latest: In order to turn off the car, I must pop the hood and press down a secret off switch lever near the engine.

Yes, this is correct. EVERYWHERE I go, EVERYTIME I stop, I have to seriously pop the hood, tug the little lever thing to open the hood, then, with such confidence and not another thought to it, reach in and find a little off switch to turn off Sadie. I must say... it is getting a bit embarrasing. I now park in the back or hidden places of the parking lots. Or, sometimes, I just leave the car running - with no key - just running - while I go do my business...

There is a part of me (very very VERY small) that feels like I have accomplished an entire new level of car knowledge by knowing about this secret off lever. The first time, the not turning off problem occured, I called Ben and he was somewhere else in the U.S. He had to convince me for 20 minutes that if I pressed this lever the car would not blow up. Now, I could press that leverwith my eyes closed... Oh - the progress (Ben would say.)

Once I got excited thinking how awesome it would be if one of my co-workers came in and said... my car won't turn off. And, I could march right to the problem and fix it. But, then I thought,... hmmm... probably won't happen because WHO ELSE does this happen to and who else my age drives a 1987 vintage tank cedes that just stays running - even with no key??

The tricky thing is that we just don't have time to take it in (with Ben gone all week) and the "back up" Jetta vehicle does not have working A/C which I refuse to drive in 160 million degree heat with a baby. (Again, no time to get this car fixed either...) Then that leaves French Fry... which we all know how I feel about the Fry.

All I have to say is Grrrr... One day I will post a nice normal automobile and bore you with how my tire pressure fell below 30 PSI. Oh what that would be like... Until then, I will be the queen of secret off levers...

1 comment:

Derek Vaughn said...

I like that you named your car Sadie. Cute site Helen =)