Sunday, February 12, 2012

Award for the nastiest restaurant in SA!

Ben and I were looking for a place with an indoor playground/restaurant to take Luke and let him run around today - since it is so cold and gloomy here.

We read about this place called Chacho's - supposedly this huge indoor Mexican/pizza mexcla of a place with a gigantic playground.  I was thinking like a Pancho's or something like that.  I wasn't really expecting much but I figured it would be okay.

I don't mean to be rude but Disgusting... They did have an enormous indoor playground and Luke did enjoy himself but the place was so dirty and yucky I lost my appetite almost immediately... plus it didn't help that it had a disclaimer on the menu that said something like, "Please note that you may find small ground rocks in the refried beans."  Ben said that this was not abnormal b/c of how the beans are harvested, etc... Okay... well how come I have not seen this on other Mexican restaurants I have eaten. So, anyways... I stuck it out and we split this huge thing of nachos.  (I avoided the beans.  Not that rocks are awful and I am sure I have accidentally eaten some from time to time - when I was 2 - but it is the principle of the matter.)  Now I feel so sick - and I really only ate a few bites of the nachos and some tortillas. 

I guess there is a reason why I have never heard of this place nor been recommended to go by my friends.  Ewwweee...

No comments: