A few weekends ago, Ben and I took the kids out to Poteet for their famous strawberry festival. It wasn't as small town cute as I thought it would be... there were thousands of people there! But it was still fun... and very hot.
Luke led the way to the "circus" very excitedly!
Lines was all ready to go!
We found the kiddie area and Luke enjoyed the bean bag toss...
The sand pit...
And the petting zoo... Although he was very distraught that he could not ride a single animal.
Caroline, on the other hand, was in heaven. This little girl has a soft spot for animals. She lights up around furry friends. Here she was enjoying baby ducks, chicks and piggies.
Yikes... cannot believe she didn't get sick from this. Yuck...
Happy little girl!
Besitos to the goat.
Wow - a scratchy but warm sheep.
Then off to make music at the drums and band tent.
Luke found the biggest strawberry in the place!
Ben and Luke enjoying a ride on the swings.
Mommy and Luke racing cars! This little boy did NOT want to get off of this ride.
I bought a strawberry plant and am hoping to grow some of those delicious Poteet strawberries myself!
Yummy! The strawberry farmers told me June is the prime time... I already see a bloom so I am excited. It was a fun time in Poteet!







No comments:
Post a Comment