Monday, August 30, 2010

Helen's Bday Weekend

I am a little out of order with my posts but I wanted to post some fun times with the family for my 31st bday! I really wanted to go pottery painting so we went to Clay Casa and had a blast!

The whole fam was in town which made it extra special... Nate and Lindsey came in from Htown. Cath was in town from Houston also! Joe and Kristen came in from Camp Lejeune, NC. Joe gets deployed in a month to Afghanistan - he is an artillery officer in the Marines. And, of course, the p's and my wonderful hubby joined in on the fun. See some of our crafty projects below. I painted a plate for little Luke - Que Tengan Los Suenos Felices! - Sweet Dreams! Ben painted a frog glasses holder for me. Sister painted a fabulous Sisters plate. Mom's piece looked the most professional - of course - her soup bowl. Dad painted a sushi plate. Joe and Kristen painted Chip and his mom from Beauty and the Beast. Naties painted a funky open mouth fish and Lindsay painted a hippo! It was so much fun. We picked up the completed pieces this week - they look awesome - these pics were the "pre-fired" dishes so I will have to post the after pics. :)
The table at the end of our painting session!
Nate and Lindsey


Joe and Kristen


Ben and Helen



Cath and Helen

No comments: