Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dear Luke...

For the love and sake of your mother's sanity, please stop crying! I have no clue what you need at the moment. I have fed you more times than I ever imagined an infant would need to feed - you have sucked me dry yet you still seem hungry. I have changed your diaper 50 million times. You keep rubbing your eyes but you refuse to go down... I have already taken you for 2 drives... are you waiting for the third time to finally charm your sweet, dear mother and go to sleep? Even a pacifier soothes for just a minute... I rock you forward, backwards, side to side... Read you 4 books, swaddle you, unswaddle you. Now you are "feeding" again and surely it is just to be soothed because I doubt I have much milk after these every 45 minute feedings. This must be that growth spurt the pediatrician told me was around the corner. I am looking forward to daddy's arrival because then I can enjoy a glass of wine and hope that he has the magic touch. :)

I love you always and forever but PLEASE, for the love, stop crying!!!
Your fabulous mother



1 comment:

mm said...

Aww sweet little man. Try singing to him, humming a song or letting him hear your heartbeat.