Thursday, December 8, 2011

New York Anniversary

This past weekend Ben and I enjoyed a fantastic anniversary weekend in New York City!  It was such a fantastic time - as always with my hubs.  We travel so well and have so much fun exploring - minus the few directional debates bound to happen.

We started off enjoying a lovely stroll down 5th Avenue, spent some time at Rock Center looking at the tree... made a stop in Lego land and ended up in FAO Schwartz where I ran into a friend from Tejas!  So fun.  Then we took our time looking at the windows on the way back to the hotel and Bergdorf windows were absolutely amazing and my favorite designs EVER!  The window designer was even outside giving a tour of his windows.

We then had a delicious and romantic anniversary dinner at The House  - Ben's pick and it was fantastic.  Between window touring and dinner, we went back so I could rest up and have a breather (Caroline is sitting SO incredibly low - I am already extremely uncomfortable at 28 weeks... )  I had just taken the 2nd dose of antibiotics the doctor recommended I take... when I woke from a brief nap in hives and a red rash across my face.  Yikes!  And itchy.... No fun...  So we had to make a stop at the pharmacy where I took a double dose of Benadryl.  So, I just barely made it through dinner but I made it!  Thankfully I was pretty allergic reaction-free in the morning.  Because we had a full day of fun planned.  We took the train to the Bronx where we enjoyed the New York Botanical Gardens and the Holiday Train show.  This show is like none other.  Models of NY landmarks are spread throughout the gardens and all the landmarks are made from plants!  Small little trains then weave through the landmarks and garden.  It is absolutely amazing.   
This bride below is made completely of plants and trains chug along right over it.  And check out Radio City Music Hall - all plants!

After the gardens, lunch and a rest, we met up with Annie and Dave and Lindsey and Jon for cocktail hour, Turn Out the Dark Spiderman Broadway show, and dinner!   We had to take a photo pre-show with our best Spiderman web-shooting impression. 

Sunday, Ben and I met Ann and Dave for a tour of the WTC Memorial.  Here are the guys on the grounds.  We ended our trip with delicious dim sum in Chinatown!  Que rico!

No comments: