Sunday, January 15, 2012

Memos from Monster Truck Jam

Well, we had an afternoon full of adventure at the Monster Truck Jam in San Antonio.  We thought Luke was going to go nuts but instead he just sat there and watched - very little emotion.  The decibel levels were outrageously high!  Thankfully we had earplugs plus I held his little jacket over his ears most of the time for double protection. 

Monster Jam is separated into two sections - the races and the freestyle sections.  He did not seem too excited about the races - actually I thought he was going to fall asleep.  But, after intermission, he perked up for the freestyle round and even gave a few claps and points for the totally crazy drivers/stunts.  For some of the more "boring" freestylists he pulled out one of his books and decided to read a little bit.  But once the crowd perked up and the more exciting trucks started performing - boy he was focused. 

It was a fun experience - it was my first time too.  I was ready to go after an hour and a half or so... The noise level was so high and I had my fill - without headphones. (Plus I kept worrying about his little earpieces falling out.) I think little Luke had fun - it was very stimulating. 

I must say I still prefer watching Ben's extreme off-roading competitions to this monster truck rally.  To me, it seems more strategic and not as ridiculous... but, either way, it was great to experience the show!

No comments: