Thursday, March 29, 2012

Update on "The Attack of French Fry the Truck"

Two days post break-in I was still a little restless at night - even though both babies were sleeping soundly.  So I decided to make a police report... And I wouldn't mind a little bit more police survelliance at night for a few nights. 

So, Officer Joe comes over and takes a draft report - he needed an itemized list of stolen things which I did not exactly know.  No problem - Ben can turn that into them tomorrow. 

Even though I am glad I reported it, I had to do a lot of explaining...
-This truck has an Arizona license plate. (Um... yes.  Oops.)
-This truck has expired tags - 2 years expired.  (Ugh... why did I not check this before I called police.)
-What is this converter thing?  (Oh that makes the truck run on vegetable oil...)
-Vegetable oil?  That is unheard of in Texas.  (Well,... )
-Does this thing run?  (With strategic placement of parts, it does.)
-Hmmm.... (Why did I report this without Ben being here to explain this thing?!?!)

Anyways... after a somewhat awkward yet humorous meeting, the incident was reported and he suspected it was just an opportunist.  Break-ins are not common in our neighborhood he said - which I knew but glad for the confirmation.


No comments: