I will have so much to write about when I get home. I have been enjoying my vacation and away from computers for a bit... But, I had to get on and share briefly about my fabulous trip in SE Asia. We started off in Singapore which was a great time! We then took the short flight over to Bali and we are IN LOVE with this place. The culture, the lush greenery, bright exotic flowers and jungle trees, the food, and the BEACH! It is paradise! This is the first place I have been that I know for sure I want to return here as often and stay as long as I can! I love all of it (maybe not the mosquitoes...) There is so much to explore and see. I just love it so much! This is seriously a summer home location. Even with it's 20 hour flight - it is so very much worth it! Of all the tropical places I have been, this one tops it all. I will have so many pictures to share soon.
One crazy story... Ben and I went to Uluwatu to see the large Hindu temple set in the high cliffs overlooking the Indian Ocean. This temple is filled with tons of wild macaque monkeys. Well these guys are the biggest pests. I had to take out my earrings and all loose articles before exploring. They are all over the place and steal anything they can get their little hands on. One tried to take my yellow sweater but our driver swatted him away. We were walking through this one stone walkway along the cliff and the monkey grabbed the glasses from a woman's face. She screamed and was very scared! The monkey literally pulled them from her face - he was sitting on one of the temple columns and must have reached out and grabbed them literally face forward! He then started to eat them in front of all of us. I would think he would have spit that stuff out but no, he was happy as a clam destroying her glasses. Poor woman! After that debacle, we went to watch the Balinese Kecak dance at the temple which is a dance describing the legend of the Balinese prince and princess whose God tricks them to be able to have the princess as his own. Thanks to a monkey, the prince is able to get his princess back. It is all described in very colorful costumes and dances. With all the good monkeys and bad monkeys around here, you have to be careful! :0
More to come later...
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(80)
-
▼
May
(9)
- IN LOVE... with Bali!
- Moving Day is here...
- Dream land during pregnancy...
- Where Oh Where... What a day!
- The smallest stallion in the world - sweet Einstein
- Update on Dress Dilemma - Sporting the bump!
- Tidbit Tuesday! Silver Tarnish and White Chalk.
- Formal Dress Dilemma...
- The grand canyon, the hitchhiker and snow!
-
▼
May
(9)

No comments:
Post a Comment