
Today we met with our realtor. Looking around at my china cabinet, I got a little embarassed that some of my silver was tarnished and I commented that I wish I had more time to keep all my pieces polished. My realtor told me that he heard about putting a bowl of vinegar in the cabinet where you store your silver, it will prevent tarnishing.
I decided to check this tidbit of knowledge out. While I didn't find out more information on this tip, I did find out that if you add a single piece of white chalk to the drawer or cabinet where your silver is stored, it prevents tarnish! I cannot wait to check this tip out. Apparently white chalk helps reduce moisture which is what helps cause tarnishing of silver.

2 comments:
Love it!!! Between your tidbits and my tips, people from all over are going to be thanking us! I wouldn't risk the vinegar on your silver...
This article was extremely interesting.
Post a Comment