So, today I had a few questions for my trusty baby books. Through reading, I discovered that my dearest Luke is considered a "high maintenance" baby. I must say that I agree. He is PRECIOUS and this is not a bad thing - it's just how he is. He is rather demanding and needs LOTS of constant attention. He is not an easy napper and has extreme amounts of stomach/gas/colic/heartburn issues. Poor baby. I am basically down to a chicken, water, toast, banana diet... (Well, I should be at least... easier written than done!)
Anyways... I turned to the section where the authors (doctors) offer suggestions to soothe and calm your crying baby. After listing the basic answers that all parents with newborns know at this stage in the game, they then state, "see page XXX for high maintenance babies." I thought hmmm... little Luke may qualify. And, sure enough, he does. They don't offer any other advice other than basically - hang in there and answer their demands. So, this is what we shall do... :)
One of the things we do everyday is like "stations" - switching from activity to activity focusing on keeping him busy... preventing crying. In this adorable photo on Mr. Giraffe, we are discovering Luke in the mirror. Precious reflection I must say.
Please note his onsie... " I love rock crawling with my daddy!" It's just a matter of time where car/truck modifications becomes a station. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment