Thursday, May 6, 2010

Formal Dress Dilemma...

This Saturday my agency is holding our largest fundraiser of the year, our 15th annual Night for Life gala. The theme is RED is the Night and it will be a fabulous formal night with a packed philanthropic program with a casino cabaret! Cannot wait! We have been working so hard on this event. My dilemma is... what to wear. I have two red dresses. One is my favorite formal - simple, long, elegant, form-fitting and RED! The second dress is more of a cocktail dress so borderline not ideal for this event. It is a short, strapless red bubble dress. The ONLY reason I am considering wearing more of a cocktail dress is b/c of my baby bump. I am kind of in that in-between time where I kind of look pregnant but kind of look chubby, tire-ish since it is weight just around my belly. Baby bumps can be "sexy" and "cute" at this point but I think I might still be 3-4 weeks away before I hit that category. So, for this reason I am drawn to wearing the more forgiving but sassy short bubble dress. The long red one is fabulous but VERY form fitting and my belly does stick out... Hmm... what to do. Ben thinks that most people know I am prego so not a big deal but he did not deny that I am "in-between" the bump look in this dress. He thinks I need to wear the long one not the short one. I do agree with him but will I be comfy? Will I look bad and tummy chubs? Such the dilemma... I have one day to figure this out. Anyone have any thoughts? I should put up pics BUT I am already in my PJ's for the night.

HELP!

2 comments:

efguess said...

Def. go with the form fitting one! Bumps are sexy. Show it off confidently. You are tiny munchkin, so everyone who doesnt know you are preggo will assume- and be excited/want to rip your hair out for looking that good...i say go for it...make em jealous! ;)

Helen Nemir Lukefahr Tanner said...

Thanks E!