Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Collections and Pediatric Expert Update!

If you are looking for a fabulous gift for someone, check out these monogrammed plates at Neiman's. How adorable are these! They come in all different styles and colors. You order them in sets of 4. I just love these! I saw them in a magazine and immediate tore out the page for future purchasing.
On a completely different note, I did not realize that that crib bumpers were really not recommended for use. I read an article that the American Academy of Pediatrics does not recommend usage of crib bumpers or anything extra in the crib (which I did know that). Well, I asked the expert - being that my father is President for the TX Pedi Society and on the board for the American Academy of Pediatrics. He said, yes indeed, it is truly not preferred as the risk of SIDS increases with the use of bumpers. The little one might roll into the bumper and then not be able to roll out. He has seen a number of cases where this was a likely cause. Also, I have a dear friend whose baby kept rolling into the bumpers and they had to remove them as she was getting in some sticky situations. So, with my new knowledge, I have definitely decided to forego cute bumpers and just have a cute crib skirt and sheet. One less thing to be concerned about...

(This is not my nursery - just an image... But my nursery does have all white furniture. )

1 comment:

mm said...

Hey its Kim Murphy, Annie shared your cute blog with me! I ordered those plates for a wedding gift for someone and they are even cuter in person. And on the bumper topic, we use a breathable bumper otherwise the limbs hang out and the little one screams. I so wanted a cute bumper too but was advised not to since SIDS etc. The breathable bumper is a white mesh. Not super fantastic looking but works great for us. Google it! We spent the $$$ on the bedskirt and blanket (for later use).