I was listening to the radio while running errands today. I love to listen to the Christian station - they just always play such uplifting music. (If it gets too sappy, I change it to Lady GAGA or country but usually I really love it.) ANYWAYS... Today this DJ was sharing about this 17 year old girl who took her dad out for lunch. While they were eating, the teenager noticed a soldier in uniform eating alone. She sought out the manager and paid for the soldier's lunch without him knowing. That really moved me. I know I hear stories like that periodically but it was just a reminder to me to do something thoughtful and unexpected for others... Don't get too wrapped up in my needs or wants. I don't mean to - and sometimes I don't even realize I am doing so - I love to give to others and make others happy. But, by nature, I can get selfish and forget to do nice things for others daily, if not weekly...
When Ben and I got engaged, we were in this fabulous restaurant in a very privado room - only a few patrons were seated in this wine room. We had a full 5 course meal with beverages each course - it was definitely a spectacular meal in a fine place. Well, at the end of our meal our waiter said our meal had been taken care of... Of course, we were shocked and Ben went to inquire. Apparently, two couples who were each celebrating 20 plus years of marriage together saw Ben propose and wanted to buy dinner for us to wish us a happy 20 plus years like they have experienced! It was so special and unexpected, obviously... We will never forget that and we will keep that tradition to pass onto others as we celebrate our anniversaries.
So, today I am challenged to do something for someone else today - regardless if they notice it or thank me or even acknowledge me. Just do something because I know it will make their day and maybe it will remind them of such good in the world and to pass the love on!!
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(80)
-
▼
July
(12)
- Friday Collections and Pediatric Expert Update!
- My company: Advance Grants
- Third Trimester is here!
- Beware of Subway Tuna Sandwiches!
- Annie's Baby Find
- Stieg Larsson's Trilogy
- Be a Pepper Baby!!
- Tuesday Tidbit - Schipperke
- What are you doing for someone else today?
- Friday Collections
- Eyelash Flash Part Deux
- Eyelash Flash!
-
▼
July
(12)

No comments:
Post a Comment